- ticket title
- Kidnappers Who Came To Collect N20m Ransom Killed In Anambra Today (Graphic Photo)
- Oyo Police Parade Serial Burglar, Robbers And Kidnappers (photos)
- Why We Revoked Contract With Atiku’s Intels – NPA
- Osinbajo Denies Approving NNPC Contracts
- IPOB: Lethal Weapons Recovered From Kanu’s Residence
One of the over 200 Chibok schoolgirls abducted by the deadly Boko Haram sect was rescued by Nigerian troops on Saturday, November 5, in Pulka, Gwoza area of Borno state.
This is coming barely three weeks after 21 of the Chibok girls were released from Boko Haram captivity. They were kidnapped from their school in Chibok in April 2014.
The girl identified as Mary Ali Maiyanga is the latest Chibok schoolgirl to regain freedom from the dreaded Boko Haram sect.
Below are eight facts about Maiyanga you should know.
1. She was discovered while troops were screening escapees from Boko Haram’s base in Sambisa forest in Pulka, Gwoza LGA.
2. Maiyanga is number 198 on the list of the missing Chibok girls.
3. She is from Askira Uba local government area of Borno state.
4. She was found with a 10-month old baby.
5. The rescued girl disclosed that her husband, who is the father of her child, was killed during one of the military operations in Sambisa forest.
6. Before her abduction, she was a school prefect.
7. She was abducted along with her twin, Halima Ali (Number 197), who is still in captivity.
8. Maiyanga and her son have been handed over to the Borno state government.
More Nigerians in Boko Haram captivity will be rescued soon.