Do you need a website for your business?
- ticket title
- Read what Tompolo did with Delta state government in Gbaramatu Kingdom
- Stop telling Nigerians lies, Buhari has a scandal to answer for
- Certificate scandal: Explain why you graduated in 2000 and did NYSC in 1999, Nigerians tells Dino Melaye
- Drama in National Assembly as Senator Dino Melaye appears in his academic robe (Photo)
- SEE Beautiful photos of police officers matriculating in Kano
One of the over 200 Chibok schoolgirls abducted by the deadly Boko Haram sect was rescued by Nigerian troops on Saturday, November 5, in Pulka, Gwoza area of Borno state.
This is coming barely three weeks after 21 of the Chibok girls were released from Boko Haram captivity. They were kidnapped from their school in Chibok in April 2014.
The girl identified as Mary Ali Maiyanga is the latest Chibok schoolgirl to regain freedom from the dreaded Boko Haram sect.
Below are eight facts about Maiyanga you should know.
1. She was discovered while troops were screening escapees from Boko Haram’s base in Sambisa forest in Pulka, Gwoza LGA.
2. Maiyanga is number 198 on the list of the missing Chibok girls.
3. She is from Askira Uba local government area of Borno state.
4. She was found with a 10-month old baby.
5. The rescued girl disclosed that her husband, who is the father of her child, was killed during one of the military operations in Sambisa forest.
6. Before her abduction, she was a school prefect.
7. She was abducted along with her twin, Halima Ali (Number 197), who is still in captivity.
8. Maiyanga and her son have been handed over to the Borno state government.
More Nigerians in Boko Haram captivity will be rescued soon.