Do you need a website for your business?
- ticket title
- Chief stripped, humiliated for disrespecting Oba of Benin [VIDEO]
- Buhari to work from home even after resumption
- Biafra? Ojukwu and I agreed Nigeria ‘must remain one and united’ – Buhari
- Buhari’s welcome speech failed to address ‘critical’ national issues – SDP
- President Buhari’s Broadcast Unifying – PPA
EBONYI State chapter of the Christian Association of Nigeria, CAN, weekend, said there was no grazing land for Fulani herdsmen in the state.
State Chairman of CAN, Rev. Dr. Emmanuel Nshii, said this during a peaceful protest by members of the association in Abakaliki, adding “we, Igbo, also rear cattle but due to lack of land, we used to restrain our cattle.
We, therefore, declare that our land is entirely for cultivation of rice, cassava and yam.”
The protesters carried placards with inscriptions such as Fulani herdsmen and their destruction, Killing is unlawful, Disarm Fulani herdsmen, Cattle rearing is private business, Stop killing innocent farmers among others.