- ticket title
- Kidnappers Who Came To Collect N20m Ransom Killed In Anambra Today (Graphic Photo)
- Oyo Police Parade Serial Burglar, Robbers And Kidnappers (photos)
- Why We Revoked Contract With Atiku’s Intels – NPA
- Osinbajo Denies Approving NNPC Contracts
- IPOB: Lethal Weapons Recovered From Kanu’s Residence
Governor Mohammed Jibrilla of Adamawa State has ordered the immediate deployment of security personnel to Gereng community in Girei Local Government Area of the state following shooting of four fish farmers by migrating herdsmen.
The Chief Press Secretary to the Adamawa State Governor, Mr Yohhana Mathias, spoke to journalists at the end of an emergency security meeting in Yola.
He confirmed that one person was killed while three others were injured and described the incident as unfortunate.
Also confirming the development, spokesman of Adamawa Police Command, SP Othman Abubakar, said that one fisherman was killed and two were injured by the migrating Fulani herdsmen following a misunderstanding between them and the fishermen.
A community leader from Gereng area where the attack took place, Mr Phineas Elisha, commended Governor Jibrilla’s quick response in deploying security personnel to the area to prevent any reprisal attack.
Meanwhile survivors of the attack have been receiving medical attention at the Federal Medical Centre in Yola, the Adamawa state capital.