Do you need a website for your business?
- ticket title
- Tension as ex-militants plan to re-group, threaten Buhari’s government
- Buhari man in more troubles as Senate links him to fake firms
- Despite Osun’s N165 billion debt, Aregbesola secures N19 billion loan from Islamic Development Bank
- House of Reps summon Emefiele, Kachikwu over alleged diversion of 26m dollars
- BREAKING: Osinbajo, El-Rufai meet briefly at Kaduna Airport (photos, video)
Governor Mohammed Jibrilla of Adamawa State has ordered the immediate deployment of security personnel to Gereng community in Girei Local Government Area of the state following shooting of four fish farmers by migrating herdsmen.
The Chief Press Secretary to the Adamawa State Governor, Mr Yohhana Mathias, spoke to journalists at the end of an emergency security meeting in Yola.
He confirmed that one person was killed while three others were injured and described the incident as unfortunate.
Also confirming the development, spokesman of Adamawa Police Command, SP Othman Abubakar, said that one fisherman was killed and two were injured by the migrating Fulani herdsmen following a misunderstanding between them and the fishermen.
A community leader from Gereng area where the attack took place, Mr Phineas Elisha, commended Governor Jibrilla’s quick response in deploying security personnel to the area to prevent any reprisal attack.
Meanwhile survivors of the attack have been receiving medical attention at the Federal Medical Centre in Yola, the Adamawa state capital.
Learn How to Design a Website/Blog in 3 Days