Do you need a website for your business?
- ticket title
- Alleged certificate forgery: More trouble for Dino Melaye as FG begins investigation
- Caution your appointees now before they destroy our democracy, Fayose warns Buhari
- Governor Ortom names ex-aide as mastermind of Benue killings
- Buhari’s men in more troubles as Senate uncovers e-passport scam
- It is not depression, Ifa priests give real reason why Dr Allwell Orji jumped into Lagos Lagoon
– Nigeria has been rated as one of the countries with highest rate of malnutrition and this is mostly found in the Northern part of the country
– Kaduna state voted N200 million for the nutrition intervention programme in 2016 as against N30 million in 2015
Kaduna state government has pledged to give more support to intervention programme to rid the state of malnutrition problem, having treated over 30, 000 children suffering from severe acute malnutrition.
Kaduna state treats over 30,000 children of acute malnutrition
The government announced it would add five more council areas to an existing 15 for an intervention programme helping children suffering malnutrition with assistance from the programme Working to Improve Nutrition in Northern Nigeria (WINNN).
The deputy director of budget and planning, Muhammed Barahu, said Katsina voted N200 million for the nutrition intervention programme in 2016 as against N30 million in the previous year, adding that the money had been secured, approved and released.
He spoke at the government office after assessing work at a site for community-based management of acute malnutrition in Jibia Area Coucil.
The local technical adviser for Jibia, Inyogba Saliu said the intervention programme has helped reduce the level of malnutrition in the state.
“Women are coming out to access care for their children and themselves. Even men too now come to the centre with their wives on clinic days. The women are also taught how to make balanced diet through cooking demonstration with food items they can get around them without necessarily spending too much money,” she said.
She also said they attend to over 200 a patients on clinic day.
Learn How to Design a Website/Blog in 3 Days