- ticket title
- Kidnappers Who Came To Collect N20m Ransom Killed In Anambra Today (Graphic Photo)
- Oyo Police Parade Serial Burglar, Robbers And Kidnappers (photos)
- Why We Revoked Contract With Atiku’s Intels – NPA
- Osinbajo Denies Approving NNPC Contracts
- IPOB: Lethal Weapons Recovered From Kanu’s Residence
– Governor Fayose has come under attack over his statement against PDP governorship candidate in the forthcoming Ondo election, Jimoh Ibrahim
– Fayose said Ibrahim can never be the governor of Ondo state
– In reaction, Ibrahim said Fayose’s days are numbered as the same horsewhip used on Mimiko would soon be used on him
The embattled governorship candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in the forthcoming Ondo state election, Jimoh Ibrahim, has said it is too early for Governor Ayodele Fayose of Ekiti state to panic.
Speaking on Orange FM’s political programme in Akure, the Ondo state capital, on Tuesday, November 1, Fayose prophesied that the candidate of the factional PDP can never be governor of Ondo state.
Reacting to the governor’s statement in a terse message titled: ‘Fayose, too early to panic,’ Ibrahim said there was no need for Fayose to panic yet, Vanguard reports.
He said: “The crisis in Ondo state PDP has not degenerated to a situation where a judge was beaten up in his court during proceedings as it was in Ekiti State during Governor Fayose’s bid to become governor. There is no need for Governor Fayose to panic at this time as it is too early to do so.”
The PDP governorship candidate said the same horsewhip used for the incumbent Ondo state governor, Olusegun Mimiko, would soon be used on the Ekiti governor.
“Fayose is advised to wait till November 27 after the election in Ondo state, as we shall move to Ekiti in full force to enforce Justice Abang’s judgement, which also covers the executive of PDP in Ekiti state. Our movement to Ekiti will be in day time, so it is better for Fayose to prepare and also learn from the experience of Governor Mimiko, who was performing in Ondo until he was distracted by Governor Fayose.
“Let me remind Governor Fayose that I am not ex-Governor Fayemi and it is now a payback time to treat Governor Fayose exactly the way he treated Fayemi using the framework of how the clustering disaster was resolved in Ekiti State leading to Governor Fayose’s Victory.”
The PDP has been embroiled in crisis for sometime now and there seems to be no end in sight. The Ali Modu-Sheriff and Ahmed Makarfi faction of the party have been battling for the leadership of the party.
The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) had replaced Eyitayo Jegede, nominated by the Makarfi faction with Ibrahim. The elctoral body said it was obeying a ruling by Justice Okon Abang of an Abuja Federal High Court.
A chieftain of the PDP Chief Ebenezer Babatope accused President Muhammadu Buhari of being the brain behind the controversial emergence of Ibrahim.