- ticket title
- Many killed as police, miners clash in Taraba
- Wike’s like one of my sons – Amaechi
- Buhari’s Overseas Medicare Shows Inequality In Nigeria – Falana Says
- Boko Haram Supremacy Battle – Shekau Loses Grounds to Albarnawi Faction
- 2019: I have no intention of replacing Osinabajo as Buhari’s running mate
A suspected phone thief, simply identified as Daniel, was on Saturday beaten to stupor by an angry mob for allegedly stealing an Infinix Hot 3 mobile phone from a girl.
The incident occurred along Orhunwhorhun road, at about 11:35am in Udu Local Government Area, Delta State.
DAILY POST gathered that the suspected phone thief, Daniel in company of three others now at large, stormed the area in a commercial motorcycle with daggers and ordered the victim to surrender her phone.
However, as they tried to escape from the area, the victim raised alarm, attracting residents, who apprehended Daniel in the process, while others escaped.
The suspect was given the beating of his life by the angry mob who attempted setting him ablaze but for the quick intervention of some plain cloth police officers.
The suspect claimed that he was sick and that he needed money for his medical care.
“I nor well nai make I thief to take treat myself. Abeg,
make una no kill me. Bros, I beg you, help me tell them”, as he cried without tears in his eyes.