Do you need a website for your business?
Post by relatedRelated post
February 8, 2017
January 13, 2017
– A Muslim woman who was bashed for walking past victim of London attack has spoken
– She said she was heartbroken about the incident
– She also noted that she was shocked and totally dismayed at how a picture of me is being circulated on social media
The Muslim woman who was photographed looking at her phone while walking past a victim being treated on the pavement at Westminster Bridge on the day a terrorist ploughed his car into passers-by, has clapped back at trolls for slamming her over the photo without understanding what really happened.
we gathered that while speaking about the incident to Tell Mama, an organisation which supports victims of anti-Muslim hate, the woman said she was devastated and had helped the victims before picking her phone to call her family.
“I’m shocked and totally dismayed at how a picture of me is being circulated on social media. I have been devastated by witnessing the aftermath of a shocking and numbing terror attack.”
“To those individuals who have interpreted and commented on what my thoughts were in that horrific and distressful moment, I would like to say not only have I been devastated by witnessing the aftermath of a shocking and numbing terror attack, I’ve also had to deal with the shock of finding my picture plastered all over social media by those who could not look beyond my attire, who draw conclusions based on hate and xenophobia.
“My thoughts at that moment were one of sadness, fear, and concern. What the image does not show is that I had talked to other witnesses to try and find out what was happening, to see if I could be of any help, even though enough people were at the scene tending to the victims.
“I then decided to call my family to say that I was fine and was making my way home from work, assisting a lady along the way by helping her get to Waterloo station.
“My thoughts go out to all the victims and their families. I would like to thank Jamie Lorriman, the photographer who took the picture, for speaking to the media in my defence.”
Recent Naija News
- ‘We are in recession because APC is clueless’
- Court Okays Evans’ Fundamental Rights Suit For Hearing
- JUST IN: Gunmen attack EFCC headquarters
- ASUU’s demand bigger than education ministry budget- Presidency
- Hunters foil attack on Adamawa villages, kill Boko Haram commander
- Donald Trump commends North Korea for backing down on Missile Attack
- Stop playing politics with Buhari’s health – CAN President
- Buhari Has Right To Be Treated By The Country – Femi Adesina
- Niger Delta group condemn quit notice issued to Yorubas, Hausas
- Jonathan performed better than Buhari – PDP declares