- ticket title
- Kidnappers Who Came To Collect N20m Ransom Killed In Anambra Today (Graphic Photo)
- Oyo Police Parade Serial Burglar, Robbers And Kidnappers (photos)
- Why We Revoked Contract With Atiku’s Intels – NPA
- Osinbajo Denies Approving NNPC Contracts
- IPOB: Lethal Weapons Recovered From Kanu’s Residence
– A Nigerian man has defended senator Dino Melaye over his certificate scandal
– He said he was in the same NYSC camp with Melaye during their youth corps
– ABU VC Prof Ibrahim Garba had on Monday March 27 said that senator Dino Melaye graduated from the institution with third class
Senator Dino Melaye who is in the center of a certificate scandal has received support from some Nigerians who claimed to have served in the same NYSC camp with him in Kaduna between 9th July 2000 and finished on 8th July 2001.
We reports that the senator shared a copy of his National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) certificate which showed that he started the programme on 9th July 2000 and finished on 8th July 2001 following his graduation from Ahmadu Bello University ABU Zaria.
A twitter user, Adewale has shared a copy of his original NYSC discharge certificate online in order to shed more light on some sketchy details on the certificate like the camp resumption date 9th July 2000 which was on a Sunday -an unofficial day (as NYSC camp resumes only on working days).
Adewale whose own resumption date was 8th July (which was on Saturday -also an unofficial date), they resumed the camp on 10th that’s Monday but the NYSC officials decided to date it 9th.
Critics and opponents had accused Melaye of lying that he graduated from ABU and said he has no certificate to prove he graduated. The lawmaker has, however, insisted he graduated from the university, one of Nigeria’s oldest universities.
In a similar vein, Omoyele Sowore, the publisher of Sahara Reporters, has said he is ready put his life on the line to ensure that Nigeria is rid of manipulative leaders.
Sowere said he would die to ensure that those he described as “drug dealers, certificate forgers, money launderers, political manipulators, and assassins” are named and shamed.
Sowore stated this via a post he made on his Facebook page in response to a statement made by Senator Dino Melaye that he would ensure he (Sowore) is sent to jail for alleged libel.
He said the quagmire between himself and Melaye can be likened to that of former military dictator, General Ibrahim Babangida, who instituted libel charges, petitions, even incarcerated and allegedly murdered late Dele Giwa and persecuted Gani Fawehinmi over their investigative stance.