Do you need a website for your business?
- ticket title
- JUST IN: Buhari’s aide exposes Senate again, reveals how legislators push civil servants into corruption
- Buhari practices the worst form of corruption, says Reno Omokri
- My reputation is at stake, I’ll resign if Abuja Airport repair exceeds 6 weeks – Minister
- Melaye sings to shame his ‘enemies’ after ABU VC testified over certificate scandal (Video)
- APC governor diverts N500 million from Paris-club loan refund to re-pay personal loan
Former Minister of Finance, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, has distanced herself from the Atiku Abubakar/Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala campaign posters, which showed up on social media sites.
The former Minister of Finance stated that she had nothing to do with them and insisted she had not spoken to anyone about running for the 2019 Presidential Election.
“Our attention has been drawn to speculative media stories linking former Minister of Finance, Dr Okonjo-Iweala with the next presidential election scheduled to hold in 2019,” a statement by Paul C Nwabuikwu, her Media Consultant, read.
“In an effort to invest their efforts with phony credibility, those behind the project have even gone to the extent of designing a fake campaign poster embossed with her image.
“This is to clarify that Dr Okonjo-Iweala who is busy with important international duties has absolutely nothing to do with these speculations and activities.
“She has neither discussed nor endorsed them with anybody.
“We urge the Nigerian media and public to ignore this mischievous exercise and its sponsors”, he stated.