- ticket title
- Maina challenges EFCC to open debate on pension fraud
- I’m under serious pressure — Buhari
- Customs intercepts container load of illicit drugs in Lagos
- Buhari’s Visit: Umahi’s Political Fate Hangs In The Balance
- Buhari’s Achievements Laudable Despite Inheriting An Empty Purse – Lai Mohammed
The Sokoto State Government has declared Friday, September 22, as public holiday to commemorate the Islamic New Year 1439.
A statement issued to journalists, in Sokoto, by spokesman to Governor Aminu Waziri Tambuwal, Malam Imam Imam, enjoined the citizens to use the period of the holiday to pray for the nation and especially for President Muhammadu Buhari.
“This period of the Islamic New Year should remind all people of the countless favours bestowed on them by the Almighty God. As such, the people are enjoined to intensify prayers and engage in acts that will solidify the unity of the nation.
“On a personal level, the government urges all Nigerians to show care, and to love one another. The recent tension in some parts of the country occasioned by activities of some youths should not deter us from caring for one another,” the statement added.
The statement also assured the people of government’s determination to find lasting solutions to the challenges confronting the state.
It equally urged the people to continue with their support for all government policies and programmes.