- ticket title
- Boko Haram Supremacy Battle – Shekau Loses Grounds to Albarnawi Faction
- 2019: I have no intention of replacing Osinabajo as Buhari’s running mate
- PDP Convention: Is the game already over for the party?
- APC running a broken government – Secondus
- Govt agencies should patronise made in Nigeria vehicles – Senate
President Muhammadu Buhari on Thursday, October 27, received former head of state Gen. Yakubu Gowon (retd.) at the Presidential Villa.
It was gathered that the two leaders met behind closed doors inside the president’s office.
This was their second meeting in the space of two months as Gowon had met with President Buhari over a number of national issues on August 23.
The issues discussed by the two leaders included the fate of the girls abducted in their school in Chibo (before the release of 21 of them), the president’s ongoing anti-corruption war and the violence being unleashed on the Niger Delta by members of the Niger Delta Avengers.
Gowon also said that he had seized the opportunity of the meeting to pay his respect to President Buhari and inform him of his plan to travel out of the country on holiday as well as for his programme, Nigeria Prays, holding in the United States and the United Kingdom.
But unlike the last meeting, the former military leader did not speak to reporters after the today’s meeting.