Do you need a website for your business?
- ticket title
- The Senate And Theft Of Nigerian Voices By Erasmus Ikhide
- We Are All Biafrans By OurMumuDonDo Movement
- Nnamdi Kanu Brainwashed My Brother; Says Man Whose Relation Was Killed In Clash
- APC to field professors in Enugu local council polls
- 70-yr-old man with 3 wives, 14 children arrested for defiling 7-yr-old orphan for 4 years
In a statement by his spokesperson, Ikechukwu Eze, on Thursday, August 18, 2016, former President Goodluck Jonathan again denied sponsoring the Niger Delta Avengers.
The former president and some other people from the Niger Delta region of Nigeria had been listed as sponsoring the group that had attacked oil installations in the country.
There were earlier reports that the presidency had commenced a probe of Jonathan and his wife over their alleged involvement with the group, but this was denied by Lai Mohammed, the information minister.
His denial comes at a period the agitators have promised to declare the independence of the Niger Delta region on October 1 this year.
In the released statement, Jonathan his rising profile in Nigeria and abroad had intimidated some people and that this was the reason why such people sponsored negative reports against him.
His alleged involvement with the group, he said, is one of such sponsored reports.
“It is sad that the two publications wore the cloak of deceit from the same misguided characters that are hell-bent on pulling down the former president, despite his clear record of diligent service to his country and long standing commitment to the good of society.
“There is no doubt that there exists such people who may have scores to settle with the former president but are now feeling frustrated by the fact that his national and international profile has continued to rise, despite their recourse to endless muck-raking character assassination.
“Such people will stop at nothing to continue to throw obstacles, albeit futilely, on his path,” the statement said.