- ticket title
- Maina challenges EFCC to open debate on pension fraud
- I’m under serious pressure — Buhari
- Customs intercepts container load of illicit drugs in Lagos
- Buhari’s Visit: Umahi’s Political Fate Hangs In The Balance
- Buhari’s Achievements Laudable Despite Inheriting An Empty Purse – Lai Mohammed
The leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) Nnamdi Kanu has arrived his hometown in Isiama Afara, Umuahia in Abia state.
The IPOB leader arrived Umuahia on Friday, May 5, exactly one week after his release from Kuje Prison in Abuja. Speaking to NAIJ.com, Kanu’s father, Eze Israel Kanu said he is full of joy for his son’s safe return.
Speaking in his native dialect – Igbo – Eze Kanu said: “My heart is full of joy over his return. I am extremely grateful to God who has done this because it could only have been him.”
Also, NAIJ.com gathered that, Kanu’s home town is full of merry and gunshots salutes by residents of the community who welcomed the IPOB leader. It was also gathered that many people in their numbers thronged the palace of Kanu’s father to welcome the IPOB leader.