Do you need a website for your business?
- ticket title
- Chief stripped, humiliated for disrespecting Oba of Benin [VIDEO]
- Buhari to work from home even after resumption
- Biafra? Ojukwu and I agreed Nigeria ‘must remain one and united’ – Buhari
- Buhari’s welcome speech failed to address ‘critical’ national issues – SDP
- President Buhari’s Broadcast Unifying – PPA
The Kwara State Chairman of the All Progressives Congress, Alhaji Ishola Fulani-Balogun, and the Secretary of the party, Chief Bode Adekanye, were on Friday kidnapped by unknown gunmen along Abuja-Lokoja Road.
Source said the two APC chieftains were returning to Kwara State after attending the ongoing case of the Senate President, Dr. Bukola Saraki, at the Code of Conduct Tribunal in Abuja.
The state Publicity Secretary of the party, Alhaji Sulyman Buhari, confirmed the incident to journalists in Ilorin, the state capital.
Buhari said, “We received a call from the telephone line of the chairman (Fulani-Balogun), telling us of the kidnapping. No ransom was mentioned and all attempts to make further enquiries from them proved abortive as the line was no longer available.
“We are on it to see if we can still establish a link with them. We have taken all necessary steps and linked up with relevant security operatives to ensure their safety and eventual release.”
It was learnt that the news of the abduction of Fulani-Balogun and Adekanye jolted the state leadership and members of the party.
More details on the incident to come later.