Do you need a website for your business?
- ticket title
- Read what Tompolo did with Delta state government in Gbaramatu Kingdom
- Stop telling Nigerians lies, Buhari has a scandal to answer for
- Certificate scandal: Explain why you graduated in 2000 and did NYSC in 1999, Nigerians tells Dino Melaye
- Drama in National Assembly as Senator Dino Melaye appears in his academic robe (Photo)
- SEE Beautiful photos of police officers matriculating in Kano
Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed has said that the biting economic situation in the country may have been responsible for the non-payment of the allowances of Super Falcons’ players and officials.
The Minister told State House correspondents that the matter was deliberated upon in the course of Wednesday’s Federal Executive Council meeting.
He said, “The Minister of Youth and Sports raised the issue today at the council and it is being looked into.
“You see, I think over time, it has become tradition to reward victorious athletes or sports persons but I think this is caused by the biting economic situation.
“But I can assure you it is being looked into.
“And I am sure the Minister of Youths and Sports is handling the matter.’’
One of the Super Falcons players was quoted in the social media as saying, “We are tired of the lies and false promises of the NFF.
“They told us we would be paid before the tournament in Cameroon, but that never happened.”