- ticket title
- Many killed as police, miners clash in Taraba
- Wike’s like one of my sons – Amaechi
- Buhari’s Overseas Medicare Shows Inequality In Nigeria – Falana Says
- Boko Haram Supremacy Battle – Shekau Loses Grounds to Albarnawi Faction
- 2019: I have no intention of replacing Osinabajo as Buhari’s running mate
A 200 level student of Lead City University, Ibadan, Moshood Owolabi, has been handed a death sentence for stabbing a fellow student.
Adegboye Gbolagunte, who delivered the judgment on Wednesday at an Ibadan high court, sentenced Owolabi to death by hanging for causing the death of Seun Kolawole, another student, two years ago.
According to the News Agency of Nigeria, Owolabi, a student of the physical and health education department, stabbed Kolawole to death with a bottle.
The judge said the prosecuting counsel, Olawale, deputy director in the Oyo state ministry of justice, proved the case beyond reasonable doubt.
He added that the evidence presented to the court showed that the accused committed the offence as charged.
Olawale, while addressing the court said the convict killed Kolawole following a misunderstanding between them.
He said Kolawole died as a result of injury sustained during the stabbing.
Olawale said that the incident happened on January 12, 2014, at the Toll-gate area of Ibadan.
The judge advised parents to always monitor their children to prevent them from misbehaving.