- ticket title
- Lagos Police uncover child trafficking camp in Lagos
- Nnamdi Kanu’s mysterious disappearance poses troubling questions
- Boko Haram: Army chief, Buratai sends strong warning to insurgents
- We’ll soon completely decimate Boko Haram, militants in N-Delta — CAS
- End erratic power supply in 2018 – Group tells Buhari
– The special adviser on new media to former President Goodluck Jonathan has said that President Muhammadu Buhari should consider becoming Nigeria’s ceremonial president
– Omokri said Vice President Yemi Osinbajo should continue as the acting president
– Omokri also suggested that President Buhari also take a position as ‘resting’ president
The special adviser on new media to former President Goodluck Jonathan has said that President Muhammadu Buhari should consider becoming Nigeria’s ceremonial president.
Omokri in a post on his Facebook page said Vice President Yemi Osinbajo should continue his work as the acting president while President Buhari plays the same role Nnamdi Azikiwe, the first president of Nigeria.
However, Omokri also condemned the attack on him by the director general of the Voice of Nigeria Osita Okechukwu over his comments.
He also said the VON director could however be passing a message to President Buhari on his position as Nigeria’s leader.
Omokri said: “Osita Okechukwu, the DG of the The Voice Nigeria has attacked me for suggesting that his boss, President Muhammadu Buhari, consider becoming a ceremonial President, just like Nnamdi Azikiwe and said and I quote “we can even see that he (Reno Omokri) is not a democrat; he would have known that we have nothing like acting President in Nigeria’s Constitution.”
“It seems Osita is passing on a message to his boss because I never used the term ‘Acting President’, I used ‘ceremonial President’,” Omokri said.
Acting President was the term used by President Buhari himself to describe his Vice, Professor Yemi Osinbajo.
Omokri also suggested that President Buhari can take the position of a ‘resting president’ if he desires.
See photos from Osinbajo’s hand over to President Muhammadu Buhari:
“So Mr. Okechukwu, call your boss ‘undemocratic’ if you dare. And while we are at it, how about having an ACTING President and a RESTING President?” he asked.
Also supporting his suggestions, the former presidential adviser said Nigeria’s economy was improved on by Osinbajo while President Buhari was away in the United Kingdom.
He said, the naira for instance which appreciated against dollars might start to depreciate.
“During President Muhammadu Buhari’s absence, the Naira appreciated from ₦520 to $1 to ₦455 to $1 under Acting President Professor Yemi Osinbajo.
“Now that President Buhari is back, if the Naira suddenly starts to depreciate, then there can only be one conclusion: The problem is PMB himself. As Sir Walter Conan Doyle (Sherlock Holmes$ said ‘when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth!'” Omokri added.
See Reno Omokri’s posts below: