Do you need a website for your business?
- ticket title
- Alleged certificate forgery: More trouble for Dino Melaye as FG begins investigation
- Caution your appointees now before they destroy our democracy, Fayose warns Buhari
- Governor Ortom names ex-aide as mastermind of Benue killings
- Buhari’s men in more troubles as Senate uncovers e-passport scam
- It is not depression, Ifa priests give real reason why Dr Allwell Orji jumped into Lagos Lagoon
A 30-year-old man, identified as McCarthy Kuyemekume, has been arraigned before the Magistrate’s Court in Rumuepirikom in Obio/Akpor Local Government of Rivers State for allegedly raping a five-year-old girl.
The accused, who resides at Saviour’s Estate, Nkpor Village in Rumuolumeni, was said to have committed the offence on January 25, 2016 in his brother’s house within the estate.
Kuyemekume was said to have taken custody of the girl when she was crying over her mother’s refusal to add milk to her meal.
Unknown to the victim’s mother, the accused took the girl (name withheld) to his brother’s house and had carnal knowledge of her.
It was gathered that Kuyemekume had pretentiously sent his younger brother on an errand before he raped the girl.
Four hours later, the suspect was said to have returned the girl to her mother, but not without a stern warning and threat that her parents must not hear about what transpired between the two of them.
It was gathered that the mother of the child, who was infuriated, reported the matter to the Rumuolumeni Police Division.
However, when the Kuyemekume appeared before the Chief Magistrate, E.C. Woke, he (Kuyemekeme) insisted that he was innocent of the allegation levelled against him.
The chief magistrate, however, ordered the accused to be remanded in prison custody and adjourned the matter till March 2, 2017.
Learn How to Design a Website/Blog in 3 Days