Do you need a website for your business?
- ticket title
- The Senate And Theft Of Nigerian Voices By Erasmus Ikhide
- We Are All Biafrans By OurMumuDonDo Movement
- Nnamdi Kanu Brainwashed My Brother; Says Man Whose Relation Was Killed In Clash
- APC to field professors in Enugu local council polls
- 70-yr-old man with 3 wives, 14 children arrested for defiling 7-yr-old orphan for 4 years
A Gudu Upper Area Court, Abuja, on Thursday sentenced Jackson Agada to one month imprisonment for the purchase of stolen property.
Agada, a 27-year-old business man, of behind CBN quarters, Mararaba, pleaded guilty and was convicted on a one-count charge of receiving stolen property.
The Upper Area Court judge, Mr Umar Kagarko, however, gave the convict an option of N8, 000 fine.
Earlier, the prosecutor, Mr Donatus Abah, told the court that one Ikejiofor Emeka and six others reported a case of robbery at Lugbe police station on Aug.15.
Abah said that the robbers carted away HP laptop, Infinix phone, Nokia Lumia and other valuables.
He said that during police investigations, it was discovered that the convict dishonestly received one Nokia Lumia phone worth N30, 000.
“He claimed to have bought it at the sum of N6,000 from one Umar Idris when he had reason to have believed that the phone was a stolen property,’’ Abah said.
The prosecutor said that the offence was contrary to Section 317 of the Penal Code.