Do you need a website for your business?
- ticket title
- Tension as ex-militants plan to re-group, threaten Buhari’s government
- Buhari man in more troubles as Senate links him to fake firms
- Despite Osun’s N165 billion debt, Aregbesola secures N19 billion loan from Islamic Development Bank
- House of Reps summon Emefiele, Kachikwu over alleged diversion of 26m dollars
- BREAKING: Osinbajo, El-Rufai meet briefly at Kaduna Airport (photos, video)
A middle-aged man, Dominic Abutu, has been arraigned in court on Friday in a Wuse Zone 2 Chief Magistrates’ Court in Abuja for unlawfully detaining a 20-year-old girl for sexual purpose.
NAN reports that Abutu who was arraigned on a two-count charge of unlawful detention and rape, allegedly held victim hostage, exploiting her sexually. The prosecutor, John Simon, said that the matter was reported by Jennifer Buba at the Wuse Police Station on October 20.
According to Simon, Jennifer received a call from her niece stating that she was held hostage by Abutu at his house, adding that the victim was staying at Mpape with her aunt before Abutu got her a job as a housemaid in Maitama. After some days the victim called Abutu and complained that she didn’t like her new place of work. Abutu asked her to come to his house so that he could take her to another house to work, adding that since then, he unlawfully detained the victim against her will to have unlawful sexual intercourse with her as a sex slave.
The prosecutor said the offences contravened sections 273 and 275 of Penal Code. Abutu however pleaded not guilty to the charges. The matter was adjourned till November 14 for hearing.
Learn How to Design a Website/Blog in 3 Days