Do you need a website for your business?
- ticket title
- Igbos are being marginalized and this is evidence – Reno Omokri
- Osinbajo sends POWERFUL message to Jonathan’s former godfather on his 90th birthday
- See how Obasanjo, Osinbajo, others attended the #Biafra50 event in Abuja (photos)
- List of TOP 10 coldest countries in the world
- Sad! Lady who wedded in 2016 and foresaw her death in January 2017 finally DIES (photos)
A middle-aged man, Dominic Abutu, has been arraigned in court on Friday in a Wuse Zone 2 Chief Magistrates’ Court in Abuja for unlawfully detaining a 20-year-old girl for sexual purpose.
NAN reports that Abutu who was arraigned on a two-count charge of unlawful detention and rape, allegedly held victim hostage, exploiting her sexually. The prosecutor, John Simon, said that the matter was reported by Jennifer Buba at the Wuse Police Station on October 20.
According to Simon, Jennifer received a call from her niece stating that she was held hostage by Abutu at his house, adding that the victim was staying at Mpape with her aunt before Abutu got her a job as a housemaid in Maitama. After some days the victim called Abutu and complained that she didn’t like her new place of work. Abutu asked her to come to his house so that he could take her to another house to work, adding that since then, he unlawfully detained the victim against her will to have unlawful sexual intercourse with her as a sex slave.
The prosecutor said the offences contravened sections 273 and 275 of Penal Code. Abutu however pleaded not guilty to the charges. The matter was adjourned till November 14 for hearing.