Do you need a website for your business?
- ticket title
- Thousands of local government workers stage MASSIVE protest in Lagos
- GOOD NEWS! Ahead of UTME, JAMB reduces exam hours
- Why NASS could override Buhari if he rejects peace corps bill – Dogara warns
- Governor Aregbesola opens up on Ile-Ife crisis, says it’s not an inter-ethnic conflict
- JUST IN: Naira sustains gain against Dollar as CBN slashes BDC rate
A 22-year-old man, Bright Uwalaka, who allegedly defiled a 14-year-old girl and impregnated her, was on Friday charged before a Surulere Chief Magistrates’ Court, Lagos.
Uwalaka, who resides at No. 10, Hassan St., Ajangbadi, Lagos State, pleaded not guilty to the count charge of defilement.
The Prosecutor, Sgt. Anthonia Osayande, told the court that the accused committed the offence at No. 10, Hassan St., Ajangbadi, Lagos State, at about 6.00p.m. on Oct. 19, 2016.
Osayande said the accused, who was living in the same area with the girl, called her to his parents apartment and had unlawful sexual intercourse with her and impregnated her.
She said the offence contravened Section 137 of the Criminal Laws of Lagos State, 2011.
Chief Magistrate Ipaye Nwachukwu granted the accused N500,000 bail with two sureties in like sum.
Nwachukwu said the sureties should be gainfully employed and one of the sureties must be a civil servant.
She said both sureties should provide evidence of tax payments and their addresses verified.
The case was adjourned to March 14, pending advice from the Department of Public Prosecution.