Do you need a website for your business?
- ticket title
- Chief stripped, humiliated for disrespecting Oba of Benin [VIDEO]
- Buhari to work from home even after resumption
- Biafra? Ojukwu and I agreed Nigeria ‘must remain one and united’ – Buhari
- Buhari’s welcome speech failed to address ‘critical’ national issues – SDP
- President Buhari’s Broadcast Unifying – PPA
Five-time Ballon d’Or winner Lionel Messi has been proclaimed the best ever footballer by Pope Francis.
Barcelona and Argentina’s all-time leading goalscorer, Messi has constantly been compared to past greats Pele and Diego Maradona, while going head-to-head with Real Madrid rival Cristiano Ronaldo.
But Pope Francis – the leader of the Catholic Church and a renowned San Lorenzo supporter – threw his support behind countryman Messi.
“For me, [Lionel] Messi is better than Maradona and Pele,” Pope Francis was quoted as telling young men and women participating in World Youth Day.
Messi endured a difficult Copa America Centenario, stunning the world when he announced his retirement from national team duty after Argentina lost to Chile on penalties in the final.
The 29-year-old, though, finally returned to the pitch as Barcelona kicked off their LaLiga preparations with a 3-1 win over Celtic in the International Champions Cup on Saturday.