- ticket title
- Tuface Breaks Silence On Controversies Surrounding His Colleague Davido And The Deaths Of His 3 Friends
- Gucci Man’s new wife, Keyshia Ka’oir allegedly has three secret children and she lied about her age
- Kidnappers Who Came To Collect N20m Ransom Killed In Anambra Today (Graphic Photo)
- Oyo Police Parade Serial Burglar, Robbers And Kidnappers (photos)
- Why We Revoked Contract With Atiku’s Intels – NPA
Nollywood actor, John Okafor, says Africans need to be more united to attract the attention of the international community.
Okafor, popularly known as Mr Ibu, told newsmen in Johannesburg, South Africa, on Saturday that the process should start from individual countries through the sub-regions to the continental level.
“ The process of unity should start from our individual countries to the sub-regions and then on to the continental level.
“ We need to be more united at a time like this to get the desired attention from the international community,” he said.
Okafor said that media reports emanating from Africa were always about conflicts and disasters.
“ In some of the sub-regions, you do not need a visa to enter individual countries. My vision is that Africa should go beyond that.
“ Let there be an Africa without borders. If you are an African, you should get a visa at the point of entry.
“ Let us endeavour to become one united Africa. I am proposing one brother, one nation,” Okafor said.
The artiste also canvassed a common currency in the continent, saying Africa has the abundant natural and human resources to support its economy.
“ The African Union should champion this cause and ensure that the continent is formidable, united and gets the desired attention from the rest of the world.
“ Africa is not far from Europe. We can do so many things together for the benefit of our people,” the actor said.