Do you need a website for your business?
- ticket title
- Read what Tompolo did with Delta state government in Gbaramatu Kingdom
- Stop telling Nigerians lies, Buhari has a scandal to answer for
- Certificate scandal: Explain why you graduated in 2000 and did NYSC in 1999, Nigerians tells Dino Melaye
- Drama in National Assembly as Senator Dino Melaye appears in his academic robe (Photo)
- SEE Beautiful photos of police officers matriculating in Kano
An economist and an analyst on Wednesday said the election victory of Donald Trump as U.S. president-elect would not affect the Naira.
They told newsmen in telephone interviews that Nigeria should focus
more on policies that would revive the economy.
Mr Okechukwu Unegbu, former Managing Director of Citizens Bank, said “the crash of U.S. markets before the announcement of the U.S. presidential election result was pelted.
“On our Naira, we only need to look inwards, we can solve our problems not foreigners.
“Trump’s win or otherwise cannot help the Naira. Our policies matter a lot. Observing the elections and the markets, you will see that the markets went down because of fear.
“Also, he cannot deport immigrants like he has been saying because there are laws.”
An analyst who would not want to be identified also said that “when the election results started
trickling in, the American markets crashed but after he was named president-elect, it stabilised.
“For now, people are afraid, scared of what policies Trump may bring but in the long run,
things will stabilise.
“On what his win portends for our naira, it may look like it is jerking up for now but the American presidency has no direct relation with the stability of the Naira.”