Do you need a website for your business?
- ticket title
- Chief stripped, humiliated for disrespecting Oba of Benin [VIDEO]
- Buhari to work from home even after resumption
- Biafra? Ojukwu and I agreed Nigeria ‘must remain one and united’ – Buhari
- Buhari’s welcome speech failed to address ‘critical’ national issues – SDP
- President Buhari’s Broadcast Unifying – PPA
President Muhammadu Buhari, Minister of State for Petroleum Ibe Kachikwu met with Shell Upstream team at the State House on May 20, Friday.
The team was led by the Shell Global Upstream Director, Mr. Andrew Brown. Royal Dutch Shell’s joint ventures account for more than 21% of Nigeria’s total petroleum production (629,000 barrels per day (100,000 m3/d) (bpd) in 2009) from more than eighty fields.
Shell recently evacuated its workers at Nigeria’s Bonga oil field in the southern Niger Delta following a threat from Niger Delta militants.
Earlier s Shell spokesman stated that oil output was continuing at its oil fields in Nigeria while it was monitoring the security situation.
A group known as the Niger Delta Avengers has claimed responsibility for an attack on a Shell oil pipeline in February which closed down the 250,000 barrel-a-day Forcados export terminal.
Niger Delta militancy is a new challenge for the Buhari administration faced with the Boko Haram sect in the northeast and violent attacks by Fulani herdsmen in different parts of the country.