- ticket title
- Lagos Police uncover child trafficking camp in Lagos
- Nnamdi Kanu’s mysterious disappearance poses troubling questions
- Boko Haram: Army chief, Buratai sends strong warning to insurgents
- We’ll soon completely decimate Boko Haram, militants in N-Delta — CAS
- End erratic power supply in 2018 – Group tells Buhari
The Nigerian Army has said it is addressing the issue of a Biafra force reportedly being mobilized by the leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) Nnamdi Kanu.
ecalls that a video showing the IPOB leader inspecting a group of men called the Biafra Secret Service (BSS) had gone viral on the internet.
The footage showed some of the purported BSS officers dressed in black attire and red beret. Kanu could be seen walking around and in between them, inspecting what can be described as a guard of honour.
Reacting to the development, the spokesperson for the Nigerian Army, Brigadier General SK Usman said the issue was being addressed by the military. The army spokesperson made the statement on Tuesday, August 22, in a tweet after a tweeter user demanded to know what the army was doing about the issue.
See a screen grab of the statement by SK Usman below: