Do you need a website for your business?
- ticket title
- Read what Tompolo did with Delta state government in Gbaramatu Kingdom
- Stop telling Nigerians lies, Buhari has a scandal to answer for
- Certificate scandal: Explain why you graduated in 2000 and did NYSC in 1999, Nigerians tells Dino Melaye
- Drama in National Assembly as Senator Dino Melaye appears in his academic robe (Photo)
- SEE Beautiful photos of police officers matriculating in Kano
1. A human rights group, Centre for Social Justice, Equity and Transparency, (CESJET) has urged the United Nations mission in Nigeria to prevail on the United Nations General Assembly to designate the Islamic Movement of Nigeria, IMN, as a terrorist organization. CESJET described the penchant of the IMN for violence, and its continuous attacks on security agents and destruction of lives and properties as similar to what other terrorist organizations do.
2. Six persons have been confirmed killed following failed suicide attacks on the city of Maiduguri, the Borno State capital by some Boko Haram terrorists group on Friday morning. Addressing reporters in Maiduguri, the State Police Commissioner, Damian Chukwu, disclosed that six persons were killed in all attacks by the suicide bombers.
3. President Muhammadu Buhari on Friday signed eight bills passed by the National Assembly into law. Sen. Ita Enang, the Special Adviser to the President on National Assembly Matters (Senate), disclosed this on Friday in Abuja, that the bills signed into law are: Prevention of Crime Amendment Act, 2016; The National Crop Varieties and Livestock Breeds (Registration) Amendment Act, 2016. Others were: Telecommunications and Postal Offences Amendment Act, 2016; The National Agricultural Land Development Authority Amendment Act 2016; The Produce Enforcement of Export Standards Amendment Act 2016.
4. The governorship candidate of the Alliance for Democracy, AD, in Ondo State, Chief Olusola Oke has denied reports of his arrest by the military. Oke said that the news of his arrest was championed by of his political detractors, particularly the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, in the state, just to tarnish his image.
5.The Presidency, on Friday dismissed reports that President Muhammadu Buhari donated $500m to Hillary Clinton’s Presidential campaign in the just concluded United States’ election.
Reacting to the report, Buhari’s Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity, Mr. Garba Shehu, maintained that the President does not have such “amount to throw around.”
6. The Court of Appeal, Abuja division, on Friday adjourned indefinitely the appeal of factional candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, in the November 26 governorship election in Ondo State, Eyitayo Jegede pending the outcome of the appeal filed by the respondent.
Justice Ibrahim Saulawa-led panel took the decision on Friday.
7. Former Chief of Staff, COS, to ex-military Head of State, late Gen.
Sani Abacha, Major Hamza Al-Mustapha, has said he has no regrets for not
enrich himself while in service. Speaking at the closing ceremony of the Press
Week of the Nigerian Union of Journalists, Enugu Chapter, on Friday, he said he preferred to be poor than to run down the country.
8. The United States has called on the Federal Government to account for the deaths of 300 Shi’ite members killed last December. In a statement from the US Embassy Information Office on Friday in Abuja, the country expressed deep concern over the latest clash between the police and the Shi’ite members in Kano, describing the security agency’s response to the procession as “disproportionate.”
9. Report has it that some prisons officials in Kwara State had Thursday beaten to death six inmates on in the Oke Kura Prison while 11 others were seriously injured during the fracas which occurred around 2pm.
Report says the inmates, who were in the condemned inmate’s’ cell, protested the poor quality of food they were served. The report claimed that while 5 died in the cell, 1 died in the hospital.
10. President Muhammadu Buhari has set up an inter-agency Presidential Committee on Asset Recovery as part of the efforts to strengthen the ongoing fight against corruption. The committee is headed by the Vice President, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo. Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, disclosed this while receiving the Special Representative of the United Nations Secretary-General for West Africa, Mr. Mohammed Ibn Chambas, in Abuja on Friday.