Do you need a website for your business?
- ticket title
- Chief stripped, humiliated for disrespecting Oba of Benin [VIDEO]
- Buhari to work from home even after resumption
- Biafra? Ojukwu and I agreed Nigeria ‘must remain one and united’ – Buhari
- Buhari’s welcome speech failed to address ‘critical’ national issues – SDP
- President Buhari’s Broadcast Unifying – PPA
The Nigerian senate today, June 16th passed into law the public procurement amendment Bill. According to Senate president Bukola Saraki, the passage of the bill will ensure that it becomes an offence for anyone in government to buy products that are not made in Nigeria.
Saraki,who made this known via his official Twitter handle said the essence of the bill is to help grow Nigeria buy Nigerians regardless of who they are, patronising made in Nigeria products
Saraki also revealed that the bill will help to slash days for processing contracts by half
This according to him is aimed at making the Nigerian public procurement system support the budget to stimulate the Economy and also to encourage those who have chosen to invest in Nigeria. He also noted that with this amendment, a substantial percentage of the N6 Trillion in 2016 Budget will be retained in Nigeria and in the pockets of Nigerians