- ticket title
- Kidnappers Who Came To Collect N20m Ransom Killed In Anambra Today (Graphic Photo)
- Oyo Police Parade Serial Burglar, Robbers And Kidnappers (photos)
- Why We Revoked Contract With Atiku’s Intels – NPA
- Osinbajo Denies Approving NNPC Contracts
- IPOB: Lethal Weapons Recovered From Kanu’s Residence
– The rejection of Ibrahim Magu by the Nigerian Senate is still generating reactions across the country
– The acting chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) was rejected for the second time by the red chamber
– Magu’s rejection has now subjected President Muhammadu Buhari to criticisms
Following the Senate’s rejection of Ibrahim Magu as the EFCC boss for the second time, Nigerians have now shifted their focus to President Muhammadu Buhari.
Many are asking if the president is truly in charge, especially as cited a security report from the Department of State Services (DSS) as reason for its action.
Both the DSS and the EFCC are under the purview of the president, which gives the impression that all is not well in the presidency.
There have been rumours of a powerful cabal around the president, said to be in charge and always have their way, even when it is against national interest.
The cabal reportedly frustrated efforts to get Magu confirmed after the EFCC boss exposed the N500 million bribe the president’s chief of staff, Abba Kyari collected from MTN, for helping the South African telecoms giant to reduce their fine.
Although another report stated that seven governors and some high-profile Nigerians plotted the removal of Magu due to what was described as his very strong stance against corruption.
According to a source, Magu irritated the governors over the ongoing probe of the alleged diversion of N19 billion from the London-Paris Club loan refund.
Is the president truly in charge?
Meanwhile, human rights lawyer, Femi Falana (SAN) has chided the Nigerian Senate for rejecting EFCC’s acting boss, Ibrahim Magu for the second time.
According to Falana, the red chamber by its action, ridiculed the office of President Buhari.