- ticket title
- Lies, deceit and the many reasons I want Obiano out – Peter Obi
- How IGP Idris Is Compromising Buhari’s Anti-Corruption Fight
- Tuface Breaks Silence On Controversies Surrounding His Colleague Davido And The Deaths Of His 3 Friends
- Gucci Man’s new wife, Keyshia Ka’oir allegedly has three secret children and she lied about her age
- Kidnappers Who Came To Collect N20m Ransom Killed In Anambra Today (Graphic Photo)
– The IPOB leader, Nnamdi Kanu has reacted to the Nigerian government’s call to revoke his bail conditions – He also said that the IPOB will continue to use civil disobedience as a potent weapon in the protection of Biafran people – Kanu insisted that his election boycott order on November 18 Anambra governorship elections still remains The leader of Independent People of Biafra (IPOB), Nnamdi Kanu, has reacted to the federal government’s call to revoke his bail conditions. NAIJ.com gathered that in a statement personally signed by Kanu in reaction to the federal government’s call for the revocation of his bail, the IPOB leader said pro-Biafra agitators will continue to use civil disobedience as a potent weapon in the protection of Biafran people from the dictatorial tendencies of the Buhari administration.
His words: “The directive to service chiefs to clamp down on IPOB is a continuation of the Buhari’s dictatorial and un- democratic approach to governance. I find it unacceptable, abhorrent, and insulting that somebody elected by the people can turn around to dictate to them. “Buhari was elected to govern Nigeria; he should get on with the business of governance and not try to instigate another war. “I insist on the boycott of November 18 Anambra governorship elections, because only the beneficiaries of the crumbs from Aso Rock will support those calling on me to rescind the boycott order. “The call for boycott of the election is our legitimate right. IPOB has only one weapon with which to fight Nigeria, and that is civil disobedience not armed conflict. If we decide not to vote in Anambra, it is our prerogative. It is not targeted at Governor Willie Obiano or anybody. “We have refused to be provoked to arms rebellion. That is what Buhari is looking for. Buhari wants a war but we won’t oblige him because we are civilised people. We are democrats at heart by nature and by essence. “No amount of threat or intimidation would make him give up the struggle for Biafra autonomy because it is a genuine cause.
“We are not armed and we can never be armed. IPOB has done a lot to free other ethnic nationalities from the Caliphate’s bondage of retrogression and economic emasculation. Other ethnic nationalities should be grateful to IPOB for giving them the courage and the heart to speak up and say they are not slaves. “We are not afraid because IPOB is a peaceful mass movement and not a violent arms group. IPOB is a non-violent peaceful mass movement. There is no recorded event of an injury sustained in any of the numerous IPOB gatherings. People converge in their millions to listen to this gospel of the restoration of Biafra. “We are the most disciplined, most well behaved mass movement anywhere on the face of the earth despite the genocidal killings, arbitrary arrests, illegal detentions with- out trial. “We are not fighting Nigeria as a state. We are not fighting any governor. We are not fighting any individual because we are a global organisation. “We are fighting a lopsided, fundamentally corrupt system that has held people down in abject poverty for decades, leading to premature deaths, high scale unemployment, and complete decimation of the economic landscape. We are fighting a system which has made the rest of us slaves to people who are not qualified to hold public office.
“Do you think that if things were working very well that anybody would want to leave Nigeria? I am a pan Africanist. I want to establish good governance that will extend to the ends of Africa. The way Nigeria was formed and handed over to a band of scavengers can no longer be tolerated.
The agitation is not against anybody. We are pursuing an ideal nation where hospitals and schools can function. “IPOB is building roads but the media will not report that. We don’t molest people because we are under oath to defend those that cannot defend themselves. We cannot bring one to our people but we must agitate.” Meanwhile, NAIJ.com had earlier reported that the federal government of Nigeria listed the reasons why it wants the leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), Nnamdi Kanu, to be re-arrested and detained. Watch a NAIJ.com TV video below of Nigerians speaking about Kanu’s Biafra secret service: