Do you need a website for your business?
- ticket title
- Chief stripped, humiliated for disrespecting Oba of Benin [VIDEO]
- Buhari to work from home even after resumption
- Biafra? Ojukwu and I agreed Nigeria ‘must remain one and united’ – Buhari
- Buhari’s welcome speech failed to address ‘critical’ national issues – SDP
- President Buhari’s Broadcast Unifying – PPA
Former President Olusegun Obasanjo, has returned to his old habit of writing to key officers of government.
In a letter dated January 13, members of the National Assembly, the former head of state raised concerns about some recent pursuits of the legislators especially as it concerns the transparency of of their own budgets.
In the letter to the legislators, addressed to Senate President Bukola Saraki and the Speaker House of Representatives, Obasanjo accused of remained largely insensitive to to the plights of Nigerians, arguing that they fix and earn salaries and allowances far above what the Revenue Mobilization Allocation and Fiscal Commission, RMAFC approved for them.
According to him, “The National Assembly will take a step back and do what is right not only in making its own budget transparent but in all matters of financial administration and management including audit of its accounts by external outside auditor from 1999 to date”
Obasanjo’s letter reads,
January 13, 2016
Distinguished Senator Bukola Saraki,
President of the Senate,
Federal Republic of Nigeria,