- ticket title
- Kidnappers Who Came To Collect N20m Ransom Killed In Anambra Today (Graphic Photo)
- Oyo Police Parade Serial Burglar, Robbers And Kidnappers (photos)
- Why We Revoked Contract With Atiku’s Intels – NPA
- Osinbajo Denies Approving NNPC Contracts
- IPOB: Lethal Weapons Recovered From Kanu’s Residence
Edo state governor, Mr Godwin Obaseki has ordered the sack of Mr Braimah Gabriel Ohioma, a staff of Michael Imoudu College of Physical Education, Afuze allegedly for testifying at the Edo State Governorship Election Petitions Tribunal holden at Benin City.
In a letter by the management of the state owned post secondary sports management training institution, the witness was relieved of his duties over what was described as “unapprovable unethical misdemeanor”.
Investigations reveal that “unethical misdemeanor” is not listed among the punishable grounds in civil service rules.
The order for the sacked worker who has lived in the staff apartment for over two years has been labelled unlwaful by legal practitioners.
A nongovernmental organisation that defends human rights, leadership values and democratic norms in Nigeria, Centre for Patriotic Leadership Initiative, (CPLI), has offered to defend Braimah Ohiomai in court to challenge his wrongful sack and ill treatment.