- ticket title
- Lagos Police uncover child trafficking camp in Lagos
- Nnamdi Kanu’s mysterious disappearance poses troubling questions
- Boko Haram: Army chief, Buratai sends strong warning to insurgents
- We’ll soon completely decimate Boko Haram, militants in N-Delta — CAS
- End erratic power supply in 2018 – Group tells Buhari
– Former Minister of Education and BringBackOurGirls lead convener, Oby Ezekwesili has berated the Nigerian National Assembly
– She said that the National Assembly has done nothing for the citizens except to pay themselves jumbo allowances
Former Minister of Education and BringBackOurGirls lead convener, Oby Ezekwesili has blasted the Nigerian Senate and the House of Representatives.
Former minister of Education Dr Oby Ezekwesili
In a series of tweet, Oby Ezekwesili said that both the Nigerian Senate and House of Representatives have done nothing for citizens except of course to pay themselves fat allowances and engage in various scandals and produce comedies.
We gathered that Ezekwesili added that the National Assembly has steadily kept up with its decline into the most expensive comedic arena for hewers of woods and drawers of water.
Recall that Senate has been embroiled in series of controversies in the last few weeks, ranging from Senator Dino Melaye certificate scandal to Senate President Bukola Saraki’s Range Rover scandal.
Senate president Bukola Saraki had on Monday 27, appeared before the Senate committee on ethics and privileges over the seizure of a sport utility vehicle (SUV) allegedly owned by the Senate.
The vehicle was impounded by officials of the Nigeria Customs Service (NCS) in January after discovering that the documents used in clearing it were allegedly forged.
There have been allegations that the row of the senate with Hameed Ali, comptroller-general of customs, is as a result of the action of the agency.
Former majority leader, Sen. Ali Ndume, told the committee on Monday, March 27, that had no evidence linking Saraki to the ownership of the seized vehicle.
He said his point of order which the Senate ordered its probe, was based on media reports. But Ndume asked the panel to probe the matter.
Saraki on his part, told the committee that: “He was neither an importer nor involved in the importation of the said vehicle by using any agent on his behalf.
“Thank you members of the Senate Committee for inviting me. I am not an importer, I have no agent involved in importing the vehicle on my behalf”, he said.
In the same vein, critics and opponents had accused Melaye of lying that he graduated from ABU and said he has no certificate to prove he graduated. The lawmaker had, however, insisted he graduated from the university, one of Nigeria’s oldest universities.