Do you need a website for your business?
- ticket title
- Nigeria: Group Disowns ‘Prophet’ Over Prophecy Against Umahi
- Nigeria: No Election in Southeast Without Referendum – Nnamdi Kanu
- Fulani Herdsmen Beat A Lady In Her Farm In Delta, Break Her Hand (Pics)
- Kidnapper Evans Installed CCTV In His Houses. This Is Why
- Man And Woman Caught In Child Trafficking At Stop Abortion Junction, Asaba
– Pastor Adeboye revealed that the Biafra war stopped his education in Igboland
– He said he had to complete his education at the University of Ibadan
– The religious leader was conferred with a honorary degree at UNN
The worldwide general overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, Pastor Enoch Adeboye has revealed that he did not graduate from the University of Nigeria Nsukka due to directives from Chief Odumgwu Ojukwu.
The Authority reports that the religious leader said the outbreak of the Biafra war in 1967 necessitated his exit from the university.
Adeboye was conferred with Honorary Degree of Doctorate of Divinity at the UNN on Tuesday, January 24.
Biafra war forced me out of Igboland – Adeboye
He said he eventually had to complete his education at the University of Ibadan.
He said: “It was the order of the then governor of the Eastern region Chief Odumgwu Ojukwu that non Igbos should leave the East; that was why I finished at the University of Ibadan.
“I am happy that a governor of Enugu state accompanied me today to UNN while the then governor of the Eastern region sent me packing because of civil war; that is God for you.
“I am happy that the first degree I missed in UNN has been replaced with honorary doctorate degree.
“I thank UNN for finding me worthy of this award.’’
“Please if you have not given your life to Christ; do not waste time; do so immediately as you come to the prayer rally I am holding in this University after this award.”
Prof. Benjamin Ozumba who is the vice chancellor of the university said: “This is award is to an alumnus of UNN in the department of mathematics until 1966.
“Today special convocation is to reward excellence to man who through the anointing of Jesus has imparted much to humanity.”