- ticket title
- Kidnappers Who Came To Collect N20m Ransom Killed In Anambra Today (Graphic Photo)
- Oyo Police Parade Serial Burglar, Robbers And Kidnappers (photos)
- Why We Revoked Contract With Atiku’s Intels – NPA
- Osinbajo Denies Approving NNPC Contracts
- IPOB: Lethal Weapons Recovered From Kanu’s Residence
Former minister of finance and coordinating minister for the economy, Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala on Wednesday debunked speculations she will be contesting for of office of the president in 2019.
The former minister, who stated this in a statement signed by her media consultant, Paul C Nwabuikwu, urged Nigerians and the media to ignore what she termed “mischievous exercise and it’s sponsors”.
The statement reads, “Our attention has been drawn to speculative media stories linking former Minister of Finance, Dr Okonjo-Iweala with the next presidential election scheduled to hold in 2019.
“In an effort to invest their efforts with phony credibility, those behind the project have even gone to the extent of designing a fake campaign poster embossed with her image.
“This is to clarify that Dr Okonjo-Iweala who is busy with important international duties has absolutely nothing to do with these speculations and activities.
“She has neither discussed nor endorsed them with anybody.
“We urge the Nigerian media and public to ignore this mischievous exercise and its sponsors.”