Do you need a website for your business?
- ticket title
- Oby Ezekwesili spits fire, says National Assembly has impoverished Nigerians
- 3 suspects arrested for killing Jumia delivery man in Port Harcourt confess (Video)
- Senators move to force federal government to release Nnamdi Kanu
- I was in the same NYSC camp with Dino Melaye – Man shares his NYSC certificate
- BREAKING: Senate suspends Ali Ndume, clears Melaye and Saraki of allegations
Former minister of finance and coordinating minister for the economy, Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala on Wednesday debunked speculations she will be contesting for of office of the president in 2019.
The former minister, who stated this in a statement signed by her media consultant, Paul C Nwabuikwu, urged Nigerians and the media to ignore what she termed “mischievous exercise and it’s sponsors”.
The statement reads, “Our attention has been drawn to speculative media stories linking former Minister of Finance, Dr Okonjo-Iweala with the next presidential election scheduled to hold in 2019.
“In an effort to invest their efforts with phony credibility, those behind the project have even gone to the extent of designing a fake campaign poster embossed with her image.
“This is to clarify that Dr Okonjo-Iweala who is busy with important international duties has absolutely nothing to do with these speculations and activities.
“She has neither discussed nor endorsed them with anybody.
“We urge the Nigerian media and public to ignore this mischievous exercise and its sponsors.”