- ticket title
- Lagos Police uncover child trafficking camp in Lagos
- Nnamdi Kanu’s mysterious disappearance poses troubling questions
- Boko Haram: Army chief, Buratai sends strong warning to insurgents
- We’ll soon completely decimate Boko Haram, militants in N-Delta — CAS
- End erratic power supply in 2018 – Group tells Buhari
The Imo State Governor, Rochas Okorocha has insisted that the market will be moved from its present location because it becomes a security threat after closing hours.
The governor assured the traders that the relocation is for a good cause as the state government wants to dualise the road.
This follows the clash between traders, youths and security operatives in the state over directives given by the state government on the relocation of the market.
The incident occurred this morning when the state government moved in to start the demolition of the market which is to be effected by security operatives, the clash became heavy as gunshots were heard by residents in the neighborhood.
But the State Commissioner of Police has interfered in the matter to restore peace.
The market relocation has been a major issue between the Imo state government and traders of the market as well as some which indigenes of Owerri who see the location of the market as their ancestral home.