- ticket title
- Lies, deceit and the many reasons I want Obiano out – Peter Obi
- How IGP Idris Is Compromising Buhari’s Anti-Corruption Fight
- Tuface Breaks Silence On Controversies Surrounding His Colleague Davido And The Deaths Of His 3 Friends
- Gucci Man’s new wife, Keyshia Ka’oir allegedly has three secret children and she lied about her age
- Kidnappers Who Came To Collect N20m Ransom Killed In Anambra Today (Graphic Photo)
The Imo State Governor, Rochas Okorocha has insisted that the market will be moved from its present location because it becomes a security threat after closing hours.
The governor assured the traders that the relocation is for a good cause as the state government wants to dualise the road.
This follows the clash between traders, youths and security operatives in the state over directives given by the state government on the relocation of the market.
The incident occurred this morning when the state government moved in to start the demolition of the market which is to be effected by security operatives, the clash became heavy as gunshots were heard by residents in the neighborhood.
But the State Commissioner of Police has interfered in the matter to restore peace.
The market relocation has been a major issue between the Imo state government and traders of the market as well as some which indigenes of Owerri who see the location of the market as their ancestral home.