- ticket title
- Buhari’s Visit: Umahi’s Political Fate Hangs In The Balance
- Buhari’s Achievements Laudable Despite Inheriting An Empty Purse – Lai Mohammed
- How EFCC Shared 53 Property Seized From John Yusuf, Teidi, Others
- Buhari’s govt yet to win anti-graft war, says Tinubu
- Niger Delta: Kachikwu, Usani not behind Avengers’ return – APC
– Some political leaders from the Ijaw speaking area of Ondo state has rejected Hon. John Ola Mafo as deputy governorship candidate
– The group gave Governor Olusegun Mimiko of Ondo state and the leadership of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) an ultimatum to withdraw Mafo and replace him with an indigene of Ese-Odo
– The angry leaders of the PDP have shown determination to work for the achievement of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Chief Rotimi Akeredolu
Some political leaders from the Ijaw speaking area of Ondo state given Governor Olusegun Mimiko an ultimatum of 48 hours to withdraw Hon. John Ola Mafo as deputy governorship candidate, Leadership reports.
In a statement signed by a leader of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), from Ese-Odo, Hon Sunday Tundigha, has faulted the emergence of Mafo saying it challenged political fairness. They asked for Mafo to be replaced with an indigene of Ese-Odo
The statement read in parts: ”Our local government is the only Ijaw speaking local government and had delivered over thousand votes for the PDP in the last presidential and National Assembly elections with over ninety percent.
“We were however, surprised that the leadership of the party decided to turn logic on it by giving the deputy governorship slot to a local government without any voting value for the PDP. This is more so that AD’s Olusola Oke is from the same local government. This defies logic and every known political justice.
”We are therefore giving Governor Olusegun Mimiko and the leadership of the PDP forty eight hours from now,to withdraw Mafo and replace him with an indigene of Ese-Odo. Anything short of this will result to mass defection from the party.”