Do you need a website for your business?
- ticket title
- Read what Tompolo did with Delta state government in Gbaramatu Kingdom
- Stop telling Nigerians lies, Buhari has a scandal to answer for
- Certificate scandal: Explain why you graduated in 2000 and did NYSC in 1999, Nigerians tells Dino Melaye
- Drama in National Assembly as Senator Dino Melaye appears in his academic robe (Photo)
- SEE Beautiful photos of police officers matriculating in Kano
– APC says PDP’s request to INEC for the postponement of Ondo election is ridiculous
– The opposition party in the state says the PDP cannot hold Ondo state and the country hostage on account of its internal crisis
The All Progressives Congress (APC) has described as “ridiculous” the request made by faction of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) for the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) to postpone the November 26 governorship election in Ondo state.
Recall that the PDP had cited its internal crisis as it reason for the request.
But according to the APC, the PDP cannot hold Ondo state and the country hostage on account of its internal crisis, Daily Trust reports.
In a statement issued on Sunday, November 20, by Mai Mala Buni, the APC national secretary, the party said that the PDP, in continuation of its “wild conspiracies on the Ondo governorship election” also accused the APC of colluding with the judiciary, INEC and security agencies to “manipulate” the outcome of the Ondo state governorship poll.
The APC added that the crisis within the PDP and the choice of who should be its governorship candidate were self-inflicted.
The statement read: “Instead of making the ridiculous election postponement request on INEC, the PDP should focus and redirect its energy towards putting its house in order.
“The APC is not party to any scheme to subvert justice and undermine the very progressive and participatory democracy which the APC fiercely stands for.”
The statement called on the INEC to ignore PDP’s request and concentrate on conducting free, fair, credible and transparent election.
It said: “The Ondo electorates are wise and will vote for the candidate with a proven track record of performance. A vote for the tested, trusted and credible APC governorship candidate, Rotimi Akeredolu, SAN, will bring about massive multi-faceted development which has eluded the state.”
The PDP had based its call for postponement on the non-conclusion of a court case that was to determine its rightful candidate for the election.
“We call on INEC to postpone the election pending the determination of the suit before the Supreme Court.
“We make this call against the backdrop of the fact that INEC is a party to the suit before the Court of Appeal and Supreme Court and is well aware of the steps taken by certain parties to the Suit to frustrate the course of justice,” PDP said.