Do you need a website for your business?
- ticket title
- Oby Ezekwesili spits fire, says National Assembly has impoverished Nigerians
- 3 suspects arrested for killing Jumia delivery man in Port Harcourt confess (Video)
- Senators move to force federal government to release Nnamdi Kanu
- I was in the same NYSC camp with Dino Melaye – Man shares his NYSC certificate
- BREAKING: Senate suspends Ali Ndume, clears Melaye and Saraki of allegations
– Olusola Oke Campaign Organisation, has raised the alarm over plot by the All Progressives Congress(APC) to arrest the standard bearer of the Alliance for Democracy (AD) in Ondo State, Chief Olusola Oke over phantom gun-running allegation
– Ilori added the vitriolic attacks on Oke in recent time by the beleaguered APC and its rag-tag media team underscored the high level of trepidation in the party over the wave the AD is currently making in Ondo State
The Olusola Oke Campaign Organisation, has raised the alarm over plot by the All Progressives Congress(APC) to arrest the standard bearer of the Alliance for Democracy (AD) in Ondo State, Chief Olusola Oke over phantom gun-running allegation.
The party insisted that the allegation raised by the APC that Oke was arrested by men of the Nigeria Army for alleged gun-running when nothing of such had happened, indicated that the party was nursing a sinister motive to instigate such.
The Director General of the Campaign outfit, Mr. Bola Ilori, contended that the jibe coming from APC to the effect that Oke was arrested over such phantom accusation by soldiers, was a desperate attempt by the party to distract the campaign team that has been blowing like a hurricane across the length and breadth of Ondo State.
Ilori added the vitriolic attacks on Oke in recent time by the beleaguered APC and its rag-tag media team underscored the high level of trepidation in the party over the wave the AD is currently making in Ondo State.
The party clarified that Oke is currently on a campaign tour of Okitipupa Local Government with his entourage and had been enjoying intimidating supports from the electorate, adding that the purported arrest was a figment of the demented imaginations of the APC and its handlers.
Ilori said while the AD as a law-abiding party has continually sold its unique manifesto to the people, the APC and other contestants had myopically been waging the war of propaganda, which we result to defeat for them on the day of election.
He said: “Our attention has been drawn to the news making the round that the Ondo state Governorship candidate of Alliance for Democracy Chief Olusola Oke and some members of our campaign were found with guns and arrested by soldiers in Okitipupa LG of Ondo State. The story is just a plot to distract the people who are committed to electing our candidate.
“As we speak, we are on tour in Ilaje in Ondo South where he hails.
They know the people are for us and they think it is by soiling his image that they can win. They have forgotten that he grew up here and he does not have any history of violence. He has contested election here and at no time did he introduce violence. He does not believe in do-or-die election.
“The fact of the matter is that Oke’s popularity is giving some politicians sleepless nights and as such, they are bent on spewing out lies to malign his image, forgetting that the last time such effort was made, it made Oke more popular.
“We were not caught awares as we know this will happen. While we believe in propaganda as a veritable tool for winning election, the method to be deployed must be constructive to yield the needed results.
“While we will continue with our campaign, selling our unique points to the people, we want to urge our co-contestants to concentrate as well. They should not die before death comes”.
“We assure the people not to be disturbed as we are peace-loving”.