Do you need a website for your business?
- ticket title
- Igbos are being marginalized and this is evidence – Reno Omokri
- Osinbajo sends POWERFUL message to Jonathan’s former godfather on his 90th birthday
- See how Obasanjo, Osinbajo, others attended the #Biafra50 event in Abuja (photos)
- List of TOP 10 coldest countries in the world
- Sad! Lady who wedded in 2016 and foresaw her death in January 2017 finally DIES (photos)
Outgoing governor of Ondo State, Dr. Olusegun Mimiko, has declared that President Muhammadu Buhari has no hand in influencing the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, to replace Eyitayo Jegede’s name with Jimoh Ibrahim.
Mimiko made the declaration while celebrating the emergence of Jegede last night in Akure, the state capital.
He said, “Initially, we thought INEC was under an undue influence from the top. With my interaction with the President, however, he (Buhari) has no hand in it. But certain elements in the Presidency are part of this conspiracy and complicity.”
However, an Appeal Court, Abuja division, had yesterday declared the reinstatement of Jegede as PDP governorship candidate.
He, however, said he believed that certain elements in the Presidency were behind the plot. He called on INEC to postpone the poll in order to ensure fairness and justice for Jegede.