Do you need a website for your business?
- ticket title
- Chief stripped, humiliated for disrespecting Oba of Benin [VIDEO]
- Buhari to work from home even after resumption
- Biafra? Ojukwu and I agreed Nigeria ‘must remain one and united’ – Buhari
- Buhari’s welcome speech failed to address ‘critical’ national issues – SDP
- President Buhari’s Broadcast Unifying – PPA
The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) Governors’ Forum has urged President Muhammadu Buhari to direct the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) to be fair in the conduct of forthcoming Ondo governorship election.
The forum said this in reaction to the release of list of governorship candidates for the November 26 election.
A statement by its Secretary, Patrick Okon, on Monday in Abuja, also called for overhaul of the commission.
“We are aware of the plan of APC to get Ondo State by all means, including enlisting the assistance of INEC.
“We are warning that we will not fold our arms to watch this impunity and day-time robbery.
“INEC is an umpire and should play its role very well so that the electorate will have confidence in it.
“From the way things are going, the people are already losing confidence in the commission,’’ it said.
The forum also called on INEC to stick to its electoral mandate and not to subvert the law of the land.
“INEC should conduct itself very well in this forthcoming Ondo state governorship election to avoid a repeat of what happened in Edo election”, they stated.