Do you need a website for your business?
- ticket title
- Igbos are being marginalized and this is evidence – Reno Omokri
- Osinbajo sends POWERFUL message to Jonathan’s former godfather on his 90th birthday
- See how Obasanjo, Osinbajo, others attended the #Biafra50 event in Abuja (photos)
- List of TOP 10 coldest countries in the world
- Sad! Lady who wedded in 2016 and foresaw her death in January 2017 finally DIES (photos)
The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) says the Ondo State governorship election will hold November 26 as scheduled.
Chief Press Secretary to INEC Chairman, Mr Rotimi Oyekanmi, said this in reaction to calls by the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and some other registered political parties that the election should be postponed.
Oyekanmi said that INEC had already gone far with preparations and there was no occurrence that warranted the commission to shift the election.
“INEC has no plan and does not intend to postpone the election,” he said.
“Preparations for the Ondo Governorship election started since March and 12 out of 14 activities planned for the poll have already been carried out.
“Besides, the grounds for postponing any election are enshrined in the Electoral Law and certainly, such calls for postponement is not one of the grounds.
“The 13th activity which is the Stakeholders’ Forum will hold on Tuesday in Akure, Ondo State. The Commission therefore will not postpone the election.”
The PDP had called on INEC to postpone the election, pending the determination of the suit involving its candidate and before the Supreme Court.