Do you need a website for your business?
- ticket title
- Chief stripped, humiliated for disrespecting Oba of Benin [VIDEO]
- Buhari to work from home even after resumption
- Biafra? Ojukwu and I agreed Nigeria ‘must remain one and united’ – Buhari
- Buhari’s welcome speech failed to address ‘critical’ national issues – SDP
- President Buhari’s Broadcast Unifying – PPA
– Osinbajo presides over May 25 monthly National Economic Council Meeting
– This comes as Nigeria’s economic shrinks
Acting President Yemi Osinbajo presided over today, May 25, monthly National Economic Council at the state house.
This comes after reports that the country’s economic shrinks.
Details of the meeting are still sketchy as at the time of filing this report.
We reported that the National Bureau Statistics (NBS) said that the Nigerian economy has contracted despite that the country is moving out of the economy recession.
We gathered that the NBS confirmed this on Tuesday, May 23, as it released the gross domestic product (GDP) report for the first quarter of 2017, which showed that the economy contracted by 0.52 percent year-on-year.
Meanwhile, acting President Yemi Osinbajo said that Nigerians need to put in hard work in order for the country to be good as no amount of fasting and prayer would do so.
We reports that the acting president made this comment during an interactive session with senior civil servants on the recently signed 3 executive orders on the ease of doing business in Nigeria held at the International Conference Center in Abuja on Wednesday, May 24.
Osinbajo insisted that Nigeria needed to be food sufficient and one way to do so is to rigorously engage in rice production.