Do you need a website for your business?
There is presently great panic in Kano state over influx of Boko Haram insurgents into the state from the north east.
This was revealed on Friday, December 2 by Kano Governor Abdullahi Ganduje after a meeting with President Muhammadu Buhari.
Sahara Reporters writes that Ganduje, while reacting to questions from State House correspondents after a closed door meeting with President Buhari in the Presidential Villa, Abuja, said there is an influx of Boko Haram insurgents into Falgore forest in the state.
“I came to brief Mr President on the security situation in Kano especially on the fallout from the North Eastern part of this country in which some of the Boko Haram (insurgents) kidnappers will like to dominate Falgore where they will be operating to other parts of the North Western part of the country.
“So, the security agencies are working very hard and a lot of arrest had been made, investigation is going on.
”We will not allow them to dominate Kano and to make it as a launching pad.
”Certainly, we expect if they are dismantled from the North East part of this country they will find another location and Kano being an older city, is an attractive place for such elements to come in,’’ he said.
According to him, security agencies have apprehended three persons believed to be leaders of the criminal group.
Meanwhile, a projected 5.1 million Nigerians will face serious shortage of food as a result of the continued war in the troubled Boko Haram North-East region of Nigeria.
According to the United Nations Nigeria needs $1billion in 2017 for the provision of aid to victims of Boko Haram terrorism in north-east Nigeria.