- ticket title
- Lagos Police uncover child trafficking camp in Lagos
- Nnamdi Kanu’s mysterious disappearance poses troubling questions
- Boko Haram: Army chief, Buratai sends strong warning to insurgents
- We’ll soon completely decimate Boko Haram, militants in N-Delta — CAS
- End erratic power supply in 2018 – Group tells Buhari
President Muhammadu Buhari on Saturday said the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) mismanaged Nigeria throughout the 16 years it ruled the country.
A statement issued by his Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, Femi Adesina, said the President spoke during a meeting with governorship candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Ondo State, Rotimi Akeredolu, APC elders in the state, and national officers of the party before the commencement of the party governorship campaign rally in Akure, the state capital.
President Buhari assured that his government would correct mistakes of the past administrations.
The statement said, “Buhari assured Nigerians that determined, steadfast and patriotic people in the APC-led government will transform the nation’s ailing economy, which was run aground by the party that governed Nigeria for 16 years from 1999 to 2015.”
He also advised aspirants that lost the party’s ticket to Akeredolu to to try their luck in future elections.