Do you need a website for your business?
- ticket title
- Tension as ex-militants plan to re-group, threaten Buhari’s government
- Buhari man in more troubles as Senate links him to fake firms
- Despite Osun’s N165 billion debt, Aregbesola secures N19 billion loan from Islamic Development Bank
- House of Reps summon Emefiele, Kachikwu over alleged diversion of 26m dollars
- BREAKING: Osinbajo, El-Rufai meet briefly at Kaduna Airport (photos, video)
Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) president Amaju Pinnick will bankroll his own quest to sit on the executive committee of the Confederation (CAF) and it is understood he is prepared to set aside a war chest of at least a million US dollars.
“The cash is to finance his CAF election as well as that of his new ally and Ghana FA president Kwesi Nyantakyi to the FIFA Council,” a top official specially informed.
“He could even spend half his budget to support Nyantakyi.”
Pinnick plans for Nyantakyi to step down from the CAF executive committee to focus on retaining his FIFA Council position after he was first elected in September.
Both the CAF and FIFA elections are billed for March next year.
It is believed Pinnick spend more than $400,000 in his election to be NFF president in September 2014 with one of the candidates Dominic Iorfa alleging that he bought his way to power.
Pinnick’s personal fortune is well known.
The brother-in-law of former Delta State Governor Emmanuel Uduaghan, he was for eight years sports commissioner of the oil-rich state as well as for many more years chairman of the Delta State FA.
The Arsenal fan also runs successful marine and event businesses.
Amos Adamu’s successful election to the CAF executive committee in 2002 was supported by the federal government
Learn How to Design a Website/Blog in 3 Days