Do you need a website for your business?
- ticket title
- Nigeria: Group Disowns ‘Prophet’ Over Prophecy Against Umahi
- Nigeria: No Election in Southeast Without Referendum – Nnamdi Kanu
- Fulani Herdsmen Beat A Lady In Her Farm In Delta, Break Her Hand (Pics)
- Kidnapper Evans Installed CCTV In His Houses. This Is Why
- Man And Woman Caught In Child Trafficking At Stop Abortion Junction, Asaba
A community in the Apo district of Abuja has been attacked by gunmen suspected to be armed robbers.
Residents of the community confirmed that the attack took place, but is yet to be ascertained if any life was lost in the incident.
A resident of the community, identified as Ebere, said the attack occurred within Pigba Sama area of Apo adding that the police was able to repel the attack.
The report also states that another resident of the area simply identified as Chimezie, confirmed the attack.
Confirming the incident, the police, through its spokesperson in Abuja, Anjuguri Mamza, said one person was injured in the incident.
He said the police acted after receiving a distresscall, adding: “Yes it was a robbery attack. Some armed robbers came into the community. Immediately we received a distress call, our men mobilised and stormed the area.
“The robbers were repelled and forced to abandon their operations.
“Some properties were stolen and one person was injured. The injured person was taken to the hospital by the police and he is responding to treatment.
“Nobody was arrested. Our men have been on the trail of the robbers throughout the night and we are actually closing in on them.”