Do you need a website for your business?
- ticket title
- Igbos are being marginalized and this is evidence – Reno Omokri
- Osinbajo sends POWERFUL message to Jonathan’s former godfather on his 90th birthday
- See how Obasanjo, Osinbajo, others attended the #Biafra50 event in Abuja (photos)
- List of TOP 10 coldest countries in the world
- Sad! Lady who wedded in 2016 and foresaw her death in January 2017 finally DIES (photos)
The Lagos State Police Command on Friday said it had discovered a new kidnappers’ hideout where arms as well as Police and military life jackets were recovered.
The Commissioner of Police in Lagos, Mr. Fatai Owoseni, who confirmed the discovery to newsmen, said the hideout was discovered during the raids of creeks at Isawo in Ikorodu area of Lagos.
Owoseni said the hideout was discovered on Thursday by a team of Ikorodu Special Anti-Robbery Squad and Volunteer Police led by Superintendent Godfrey Soriweiu.
He noted that the success came two weeks after the discovery of a similar hideout in Isawo.
“In continuation of its onslaught against militants operating from the creeks, Lagos State Police Command early Thursday morning raided and recovered seven Army and Police bullet-proof vests.
“The teams also recovered eight ballistic helmets and nine life jackets from a new kidnapper’s hideout in Lagos.
“Other items recovered by the team include a speed boat belonging to the suspected kidnappers,” he said.
He said the team thereafter destroyed the hideout before moving the recovered items out of the location.
“The suspected kidnappers, who were preparing their morning meal, scampered into safety on sighting the special team, abandoning several items,” he said. (NAN)