- ticket title
- Buhari’s Visit: Umahi’s Political Fate Hangs In The Balance
- Buhari’s Achievements Laudable Despite Inheriting An Empty Purse – Lai Mohammed
- How EFCC Shared 53 Property Seized From John Yusuf, Teidi, Others
- Buhari’s govt yet to win anti-graft war, says Tinubu
- Niger Delta: Kachikwu, Usani not behind Avengers’ return – APC
The Police Command in Kaduna State on Saturday said it had arrested suspected murderer of a National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) serving in the state.
The command’s Public Relation Officer, ASP Aliyu Usman, told the News Agency of Nigeria in an interview that the kingpin was arrested on November 2.
Usman said the suspect, Adamu Jibrin, 22, had made useful statement to the police on the offence.
“We recovered six loaded cartridges, two knives, two cutlass, a double barrel and one Samsung phone in his room at Unguwar Yero Area in Kaduna,” Usman said.
The late NYSC member, Lawal Kontagora, was killed on the October 17. Two suspects were earlier arrested on October 20.
According to him, the kingpin is still under investigation, but the two other suspects have already been charged to court.
The police spokesman said the arrest were carried out by the State Intelligence Bureau (SIB).
He assured the public of their commitment to rid criminals and criminality in Kaduna.
“We need the support of everyone to achieve it,” Usman said.