Do you need a website for your business?
- ticket title
- Igbos are being marginalized and this is evidence – Reno Omokri
- Osinbajo sends POWERFUL message to Jonathan’s former godfather on his 90th birthday
- See how Obasanjo, Osinbajo, others attended the #Biafra50 event in Abuja (photos)
- List of TOP 10 coldest countries in the world
- Sad! Lady who wedded in 2016 and foresaw her death in January 2017 finally DIES (photos)
The Police have detained a middle-aged woman identified as Barine Joseph for alleged extortion of inhabitants of Bidere community, in Gokana Local Government Area of Rivers State.
Barine is being held at the State Criminal Investigative Department in Port Harcourt.
The suspect is also accused of defaming the character of a Bidere community leader, Lesi Moal through one of her prophesies during a church programme in the community.
It was gathered that Moal had reported the matter to the State CID which led to the arrest of the suspect.
Moal claimed that his house in the village was burnt down by some individuals after he reported the suspect to the police.
He said, “That woman is a fake prophetess. As a born again Christian, I noticed it the first day I came in contact with her.
“She came into this community and told us she is a member of the Lord’s Chosen Church and many believed her.
“We later realized she was lying because she exposed herself with all the fake prophesies she was giving.
“I had to order her arrest when she went to lie against me to my family that I am a wizard. She caused a lot of disaffection among us until God in heaven exposed her. She has been collecting money. I will make sure she is charged for defaming my person.”
Police personnel at the State CID in Port Harcourt declined request by DAILY POST for access to speak with the suspected fake prophetess.